4

Martha Project: Day 10: Monthly & Seasonal Cleaning

Posted by Caroline on 9:00 AM in , , ,
Today, I looked through the monthly and seasonal cleaning lists that Martha recommends. I decided to spread out the tasks over the four weeks in each month and when the seasons change. To speed this along a little, I'll just let you know about when I'll be completing the monthly and seasonal cleaning instead of going through a whole month, like I did with the weekly cleaning. This will allow me to start getting into the nitty gritty.

Here is the cleaning break down.

Monthly

1st Week of the Month
  • Wash Ventilation Hood Filter in Kitchen
  • Discard Food that has Expired
  • Vacuum Fire Place Screen
  • Launder Mattress Pad
2nd Week of the Month
  • Wipe Shower Surroundings
  • Scrub Grout
  • Wipe Inside Medicine Cabinet
  • Dust Closet Shelves
  • Vacuum Closet Floors
3rd Week of the Month
  • Vacuum Utility Floors
  • Wipe Inside/Outside of Trash Cans
  • Vacuum Window Treatments, Moldings and Windowsills
  • Dust Ceiling Fans
  • Wipe Doors
4th Week of the Month
  • Wipe Switch Plates
  • Wipe Telephones
  • Flush Drains with Vinegar, Boiling Water and Baking Soda
 Seasonal
  •  Replace Baking Soda
  • Clean Oven
  • Wipe Kitchen Ceiling
  • Clean Refrigerator
  • Clean Inside of Kitchen Cabinets
  • Organize Pantry
  • Sweep out Fireplace
  • Vacuum Mattress and Box Spring
  • Launder Pillows
  • Wipe Baseboards and Moldings 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 Comments


NuGrout is a powerful and affordable system designed to easily change the color of grout the professional way. NuGrout gives old tile areas a fresh new appearance making them look new again. It is ideally suited for remodeling jobs, preparing a home for sale or an investment property. NuGrout can also be used to correct color on newly installed grout. http://os-homebasedbusiness.com/


er, ack. i don't think i've ever done most of this stuff :P
i guess i'm a terrible housekeeper! (i kinda knew that)


Okay, I'm worn out just skimming the list! I love this concept of working through the book!


Thought I'd just say, now I'm really finding your blog usefull although I've followed for a while, as now I'm organising my new flat and finding a few gems of advice over here! www.aurora-energy.co.uk

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Attractive Home Design for Less All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Distributed by Deluxe Templates