Having a romantic candle lite Valentine's Day dinner at home is a great way to save money while creating great memories to share with your loved one. I'll show you how to set a romantic atmosphere at the dinner table.
- Start with a nice set or glass or white plates they can be dressed up for any occasion, which saves you money in the long run.
- Use a red plate charger to liven up your plate setting, this one from saveoncrafts.com is only $3.99 each.
- Use cloth napkins they have a more elegant look than paper and you can use them again and again.
- If you don't have glass candle stick holders pick a couple of them up at your local craft store they usually cost around $1.00 each. Also get two tapered white candles to go in them. Place the candles in the center of the table between the two place setting and push them apart so that when you are sitting at the table you are able to see the person sitting across from you.
- You can or cannot include place mats under your place setting. If you would like to choose a black or dark wood color these colors will go great with the dark red chargers and napkins.
- When choosing items for the romantic table stay away from pink, it is not so much romantic as it is cute.
- Another nice touch is a very small glass vase with one or two roses. Make sure that the vase and roses are short enough that you can see the person across from you and should be located in the very center of the table setting.